1) What was your first job? A dishwasher (me manually washing dishes) in a steakhouse restaurant when I was 19!!
2) What positives do you see that have come out of the COVID pandemic? Seeing my two-year-old daughter grow bigger, learnt how to sing 'Frozen - Let It Go', proved to skeptics that working from home does produces the same if not better productivity than working in the office.
3) What is the best tech innovation you have come across in the last 5 years? Salesforce B2B - It was undermined pre-pandemic and its potential has finally been realised over the past two years.
4) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given or got? Treating people is like looking in the mirror, you smile at them, they will smile back.
5) How did you end up working in/with Salesforce? A senior manager, also happens to be my friend, invited me to join his team as B2B deployment manager, and I have never looked back since....
6) How do you use Salesforce in your job today? I am on a career break but I am using Sales Cloud's opportunity, Lead and Contact for my job interviews progression. How amazing is that!
7) Any advice you can give for people starting out in Salesforce? Learn the business processes and, coupled with Salesforce Trailhead, you will pick up Salesforce much faster.
8) Are there any good Salesforce resources (websites, groups, meetups etc) that you would recommend? Salesforce Trailhead & SalesforceBen.
9) What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever seen Salesforce used for? So far, the coolest is me using it to manage interviews. This proves Salesforce can be used for anything - it is so flexible and configurable, the sky is your limit.
10) What do most companies get wrong when it comes to Salesforce? Not realising its full potential. Business teams often see Salesforce as a digital tool rather than a business tool and usually let Digital teams drive the adoption of Salesforce.
11) What do you wish was better about Salesforce? Heavier presence of Customer Success team within customer for adoptions.
12) What’s hot in Salesforce right now? Slack.
13) What could Salesforce recruiters do better? The recruiters I have met so far are top notch professionals who frequently provide updates on the progression of job opportunities. What they can do much better is to understand further the trend and evolution of the digital transformation world, and get themselves involved in news and challenges of the such transformation. This will help them to play a vital advisory role to their clients on what type of position & skillset the hiring company needs for their transformation journey.
14) What tasks drive you mad? Picking up coins from the gap between car seat and armrest!
15) Netflix or Prime or other (please specify)? Netflix. I have both but they get boring sometimes.
16) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I love London, I will always remain living in London. and yes, I do love the cold just to call out the elephant in the room... Switzerland will be my second option.
17) What tech content do you consume/follow/listen to? YouTube, there's so much useful information on it.
Click here for more insights on Salesforce in our 17 Questions series.