Specialisms tagged are
Choose your location
& Middle East
United Arab Emirates
Global Hays Tech
This field is required.
About Hays Technology
Get in Touch
World of technology
'How did you get that job?' Podcast
Tech Founders live events
Expertise by Technology
Expertise by Sector
Hays Technology Insights
17 Questions on Salesforce - Damien Devlin
Damien Devlin, Regional VP, Talent Services Lead at Salesforce
3 Days Ago
In our new series, we ask those working in the Salesforce ecosystem for their stories and advice - both about the platform and anything else!
1) What was your first job?
Trainee sign-writer when I was 16 as a summer job.
2) What positives do you see that have come out of the COVID pandemic?
Brought people together in a different way. You have a window into their home life. It’s humanised work. Also, like many it’s meant less time travelling and more time for family.
3) What is the best tech innovation you have come across in the last five years?
Amazon Prime - that App was my everything during the last 20 months especially!
4) What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given or got?
Just be yourself. The best advice that was given to me is: "when you're explaining, you're losing"!
5) How did you end up working in/with Salesforce?
Tech was not my background. I was in the political communications arena before moving to work for a SaaS company. A recruiter got me the role at Salesforce. Interestingly, I was also offered roles by SAP and Microsoft at the same time. Thank God I took Salesforce!
6) How do you use Salesforce in your job today?
Constantly - in every way!
7) Any advice you can give for people starting out in Salesforce?
Don’t try and learn everything at once. It will come to you in time.
8) Are there any good Salesforce resources (websites, groups, meetups etc) that you would recommend?
We are a great marketing company. Between Salesforce, our Partners and ISVs... we are fantastic at coming together to collaborate on and share content. Pre-pandemic that was mostly face to face, but now with COVID we have had to pivot and we have amazing websites from Salesforce.com to the Appexchange. I myself am doing blogs and podcast etc to virtually engage with audiences on ‘Talent as a Service’.
9) What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever seen Salesforce used for?
Full end-to-end relocation of Executives by a company to move internationally inc. Visas, house moves, new schools etc. The white glove treatment wasn’t just for the Executives, but their families as well. We gave them a great experience.
10) What do you wish was better about Salesforce?
That we ensure we are easy to do business with as we continue to grow and innovate
11) What do most companies get wrong when it comes to Salesforce?
They try to do it themselves and underestimate the change management that they need to adopt the tech.
12) What’s hot in Salesforce right now?
13) What could Salesforce recruiters do better?
Look for a much wider, diverse pool of candidates outside of the obvious tech talent pools. Make it easier for them to join the Salesforce ecosystem.
14) What tasks drive you mad?
Any duplication of effort.
15) Netflix or Prime or other (please specify)?
16) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Ireland - north or south!
17) What tech content do you consume/follow/listen to?
Find more Salesforce insights
Please sign in to comment.
"How Did You Get That Job?" - the Hays Technology podcast
Manchester City stars reveal their Games Changers to Hays Technology
How will the metaverse change the way we recruit for jobs in the future?